Thursday 9 April 2015

Dutch Light Infantry for Waterloo

The 27th and 35th arrayed for some hunting of those damned Frenchies!!

Once again with the 1815 theme prevailing I thought I would display some photographs of my two battalions of Dutch - Belgian light infantry.  Once again all from Perry Miniatures.


Lovely uniforms on these lads.  Casualty figure from the DB pack of the same name from Perry.


Every Officer needs a menacing stance and a loaded and cocked pistol when the "Frogs" are about!


35th Light Infantry.  Conjecture which style shako they should have and some illustrations show Belgic.


Additional detail of the wounded Chasseur "Hans", who makes a full recovery by the way.



35th complete with converted and modified mounted Colonel.  Thanks Phil!


I do love those GMB Flags from Grahame Black.

Another angle with a little bit too much flash from my cheap and cheerful camera.

The 35th in all their green and grey glory.

The 27th Battalion de Chasseurs Hollandaise commanded by Colonel Jan Wilem Grunebosch served in Bylandts brigade in the 2nd Nerherlands Division at Waterloo under the command of Perponcher. 

The 35th was commanded by Colonel Arnold and served under the Divisional command of Baron Chasse in Ditmers Brigade.

The preparations for the game continue to go along well with most all units now ready to rumble with the exception of a few KGL which simply need basing.

19 comments:

  1. Awesome! the Perry figures are always attractive to buy and paint, I like the flocking of the bases too!....

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. The basing is reasonably simple but as a wargamer it suits my table etc. I seem to be constantly finding flock on the floorboards though!!

      Delete
  2. Very nice collection Carlo. We will have to get toghter sometime for game..maybe next time I am in Perth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan - always an open invitation mate.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Cheers Stephen - thry actually also always perform reasonably in our games as well.

      Delete
    2. Good to hear - they suffer such biased press ;-)

      Delete
  4. Wow they look great! Very pretty uniform and nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C - the uniforms for the DB Troops Are quite colourful and really distinct for the period IMHO.

      Delete
  5. Very nice troops - their uniform reminds me a bit of the Rifles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful looking addition to your Waterloo armies, thanks for showing us....and how exciting that you are nearly there, I think my part of our Waterloo project will have to field some units a bit understrength, time marches on!. Can hardly wait to see photos of your game in progress.
    Chris G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Chris - much appreciated. I am in the midst of adding some vignettes to my RHA after being enthused by your post with all the wonderful additional paraphernalia. Inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous units, Carlo. I am "greenly" envious! :-)

    Our Waterloo "Campaign in a Day"event is in about 2 weeks. I hope the group will do a tactical battle of Waterloo and/or Quatre Bras this Fall. I am painting for Ligny in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to seeing some images of it as well Peter. I must admit that deadline dates such as Waterloo do force me to get my finger out and get things completed.

      Delete
  9. I like the individual vignette basing style. Superb looking troops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - the benefit of 28 mm in my opinion is the exactly that. The variety of figures is a God send.

      Delete
  10. Pretty in green Carlo. Time to give those Napoleon followers a little hell!!

    8O)

    Salute von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter - a little bit of comuppence you think mate? Could well be right.

      Delete